Deejays Limited was established in 1992 as a distribution company. We have grown our business over the years specialising in the supply of quality foods and beverages to many Auckland schools and are currently expanding our canteen operation outside of the greater Auckland area.
Since 2004, Deejays Limited has become involved in the running of school canteens in the primary and intermediate sector and in 2009 began operating canteens in colleges with great success.
For schools that wish to retain the operation of their own canteens, Deejays is able to provide assistance with staff, advice, menu development as well as many other options including supply of all food and beverages.
Our aim is to provide schools with exceptional service and quality products at fair prices. As well as running/assisting with school canteens Deejays is able to cater for other functions you may have, e.g. special morning teas, lunches, sports events and suppers.
I am very proud of the business and the staff at Deejays and would welcome the opportunity to work with your school.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Canteen Catering – Food for thought
- A large range of canteen catering options available
- Quality, nutritious and appetising menus tailored to your school
- Dedicated team with a strong relationship focus
Since 1992, Denise and the team at Deejays have been working with schools to provide excellent value and quality canteen options. Today, Deejays is the preferred vendor for over 200 Auckland schools and in many cases provides over 99 per cent of the food and beverages offered to students.
Deejays is committed to building great relationships – getting to know the school, the teachers and the needs of the students – and has a strong team making regular visits to ensure we respond quickly to your needs.
The Deejays Difference
- Deejays has worked with the Heart Foundation, Dieticians Association and the Food & Beverages Classification System (FBCS) to develop menus that are enjoyed by students as well as offering healthy and nutritious options.
- Deejays works with an extensive range of major food and beverage brands in New Zealand, ensuring schools benefit from sharp pricing and the latest in menu options.
- Deejays offers a large range of canteen options – from sandwiches to sushi, pies to popcorn; muffins to muesli bars. We develop menus to suit, that are easy to manage and meet the needs of students
- Deejays were the only SFD (School Food Distributor) to work with the FBCS ( Food Beverage Classifications Systems) to register products which meet health and nutrition standards. Deejays continues to adhere to these quality standards.
- Deejays can support schools as either a trusted food distributor to school-run canteens or as a fully outsourced operator, managing ordering, menus, budgets, staffing and more.
09 March 16
Feedback from Athletics Day Lunches has been great. Staff comments very positive, so once again thanks ladies.
25 Feb 16
I have asked around and the feedback on dinner last night is great – heaps of food and really lovely.
Huge thanks to Jackie – as usual perfect.
Sue Gorman Pakuranga College
Deejays have provided catering for our school for a number of events that I have had to organize over the past year and a half. These events have numbered anywhere from 5-100 people and usually involve a number of different requests due to dietary requirements. Cathy, Denise and the team at Deejays provide an amazing service where no request is too difficult and they are always willing to assist me in every possible way, which has proven to be invaluable many times.
This have involved them delivering food very early in the morning to our school so that we could get it to teams on time, delivering prepared meals to a venue for me or providing me with alternative menus for situations where we are unable to keep food chilled. The food is, without fail of an exceptional standard and we always receive numerous compliments on the quality of food that has been provided. They also work hard to ensure that, each time we make and order, there is something different provided and , if we order a filled roll, this will not be the same as one ordered for a previous event. This team would be a wonderful asset to anyone who wishes to employ a catering company and I give them my wholehearted support.
01 March 16
We had a morning tea this morning and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all at Deejays.
It was wonderful – we couldn’t fault it! It was absolutely yummy! Can you please pass on our thanks to Denise.
01 March 16
In Regards to Deejays Catering – I am more than happy to inform you that I have used their services a number of times and I am more than happy to inform you that all dealings with them has been excellent.
They handled our functions with total professionalism, a great “can do” attitude and nothing was too much trouble. Their attention to detail was very reassuring and the product delivered was excellent.
I would have no hesitation in using them in the future for functions here at our school.
To whom it may concern
Re Deejays Catering Service
Howick College has used the services of Deejays Catering for several years for a variety of functions ranging from morning teas to staff dinners for 150 people.
Deejays have provided consistently high quality, nutritious food which is attractively presented and enjoyed by all.
We have found the staff at Deejays to be open to feedback and responsive to our needs.
I highly recommend their service.